Saturday, December 20, 2008

I love changing colors on things.

I was just visiting some other blogs of the family and was reminded of the neatest experience I had.

I hired a neighbor boy to help me this summer, Josh, his is probably 15. He is the typical shy, chubby, short, suit and all Decon. Well, I neede help moving irrigation pipe, so he would come over and help. He learned quickly but he couldn't look at you when he talked to you and couldn't stand still at all, he'd rock back and forth.

We talked about everything, mostly about farming, animals, gardening, mechanics and work. He had never ever touched a horse until he came to my house. Then he had to learn to milk a goat, haul hay and various outher things.

Well, at Thanksgiving I had made arrangements for our whole family to go to Steamboat Springs for that week and spend time together.

I needed Josh to feed for me while I was gone. So I called their house and his step father answered the phone. I asked for Josh, and he said, "I have been meaning to talk to you, and have never caught you at church." Gulp, what have I done wrong, was my first thought. Then he went on and said, "I (we) can't thank you enough for what you have done for Josh, you have made such a difference in him, actually in our whole family." My thought was how? I never see any of your family but Josh. I said, "You've made my day!" And Thank you of course. I don't actually know how or what I have done, but I felt pretty good, that I had made a difference in someone's life. It is said, always do your best, because you never know who you will impress and touch their lives. I believe that, and usually you never hear about it. But I did and I have, and it feels pretty good. I am humbled by it and very grateful for the chance to make a difference.

0 comments: